Program Mission Statement
The mission of the BA: Visual Arts Option is to provide education to those seeking personal enrichment and/or career opportunities related to the visual arts, including practicing studio artists and employees of art galleries, museums, and community arts centers, and provide educational preparation for those seeking continued graduate study in the visual arts.
Program graduates will demonstrate:
- Skill with more than one artistic medium.
- Understanding and use of vocabulary and theories of visual design.
- Understanding of how art and artists reflect their culture or historical context.
- The use of electronic technologies to research art, artists, or create art.
- The ability to create artwork that visually communicates an idea and/or feeling to others.
- The ability to write about artists, about art history, and art criticism.
- The ability to discern the potential content of artwork.
The graduate outcomes for the BA: Visual Arts Option are assessed through the graduate/exit survey, employer survey, alumni survey, feedback from internship supervisors, review of collected student-generated exhibits over time, and program self- study and/or reports from external reviews. The assessment plan for the BA: Visual Arts Option is available through the Fine Arts department.